Module 2 – SLP
VIRTUE ETHICS AND CRITICAL THINKING –
– Championing an Ethical Cause
Being a professional in the Internet age requires mastering a variety of writing styles. In the previous module, we addressed well-balanced research, and the SLP focused on an aspect of Internet privacy. For this SLP, you will develop a written report that champions one side of a controversial ethical issue.
Feel free to use one of the topics provided in Module 1 that you did not choose for those assignments, or select your own theme.
Research Requirements: You must use at least 2 articles from the Trident Online Library’s online databases (Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and/or ProQuest Central).
Employing an abbreviated version of the Classic Model for an Argument, create a work that highlights your research abilities, critical thinking skills, and communication talents.
Your paper should include:
• Introduction which includes background Information and ends with your position (point of view) (2 -3 paragraphs).
• Support for your position (1 page)
• Addressing the opposing viewpoint (1 page)
• Conclusion (2 -3 paragraphs)
Focus on making a solid case for your point of view on one side or the other of a controversial issue. Your grade will be based on the strength of your position, your ability to analyze rather than summarize research, and your ability to effectively support your view.
In academic writing it is necessary to use the third person vs. the first person. For more information, see Differences Between First and Third Person. This SLP will be written in the third person. Do not use any quotations. Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (ETH501 SLP2) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
• Trident University International’s cover page
• A three-page paper with APA citations (introduction, body, conclusion)
• The reference list in APA format